A common problem in (sport) horses is tendon injuries, strains to ligaments or ligaments. It is important to signal early that something is not quite right about the tendons or ligaments in order to limit the damage as much as possible. Proper treatment and management will lead to a better recovery.
After examination and diagnosis by your vet, you have the acute phase in which often box rest, cold spraying of the injury, walking and whether anti-inflammatories / painkillers are prescribed. Depending on the type of injury, a follow-up plan is made.
Many treatments are now possible, such as PRP injections, shockwave, stem cell therapy, special hoof fittings and laser therapy. It is important to stimulate the blood flow to the tendons for the supply of new building materials to stimulate the recovery of the tendons. A good supplement can offer your horse or pony the right building blocks to support the recovery during rehabilitation as well as possible.
In the event of a tendon injury or strain, the challenge is to optimize the formation of scar tissue (new connective tissue) and to regain the “strength and elasticity” properties.
In addition to rest, time and other treatments, TendiFlex can support the tendons during the rehabilitation period and this product promotes the production of healthy new connective tissue.
TendiFlex can also be used to minimize the risk of relapse. In addition, TendiFlex also has a powerful effect to prevent cartilage breakdown such as osteoarthritis.
The effect of the ingredients of Duval TendiFlex
- Collagen → provides structure, cohesion, elasticity and firmness to the various types of connective tissue, including cartilage, tendons and ligaments. Collagen helps rebuild the cells.
- Natural MSM → has been added to promote collagen synthesis and strengthen the strength of tendons and ligaments and to support the regenerative capacity (repair) of cartilage.
- Turmeric → has a strong anti-inflammatory function in joint complaints and wear. Damage to a tendon causes inflammation, warmth, and swelling. It is important to inhibit inflammation as much as possible, because turmeric has an anti-inflammatory effect, this herb is recommended during treatment or to prevent tendon injuries. Turmeric can also do a lot of good for other organs.
- Lithothamium → is a vegetable source of calcium from red algae and promotes the maintenance of healthy bones and joints and contains highly absorbable minerals such as calcium and magnesium in a good ratio.
- Vitamin C → is a strong antioxidant and promotes the production of collagen and new tissue.
- Green-lipped mussel → contains important fatty acids such as DHA and all glycosaminoglycans that have an important and proven function for the joints.
Duval TendiFlex is a very natural, powerful and carefully composed product to provide your horse in the best possible way with the right nutrients that are important during rehabilitation of tendon injuries, inflammation of joints or strain of ligaments and/or ligaments.
TendiFlex can also be fed preventively to protect your horse as much as possible from the inside against injuries when your horse is subject to a heavier load.